View topic - SCORCHED EARTH - GODS, KINGS AND CONQUERORS

Reply to topic
SCORCHED EARTH - GODS, KINGS AND CONQUERORS

voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » SCORCHED EARTH - GODS, KINGS AND CONQUERORS
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: SCORCHED EARTH - GODS, KINGS AND CONQUERORS Reply with quote

SCORCHED EARTH – GODS, KINGS AND CONQUERORS

Scorched Earth is the brainchild of one Terry McCorriston, he forming SE from the nucleus of his one-man project Nazgul, recruiting Sanford Johnston on bass and Joshua Hanenburg on drums to record this here demo, the first to feature the aforementioned trio. The demo in question is 'Gods, Kings and Conquerors', and when I put it on I flipped, such was its appeal to me. Riffs, riffs and more riffs, thumping along like it was 1985 again - you won't believe just how old school this amazing demo sounds.
If you’re like me, and old enough to remember back to your old Death, Autopsy, and Sindrome rehearsal tapes then you’ll have an idea just how nostalgic ‘Gods, Kings and Conquerors’ feels. Tracks such as ‘Procession of the Devil’s Horsemen’, ‘YHWH’, ‘Neo-Zombies’ … this is an old thrasher’s crock of gold, metal that I’d never thought I’d see make a come-back (the exception of Usurper excluded). Think leather an' spikes and Destruction circa ‘Infernal Overkill’, Celtic Frost circa ‘Morbid Tales’, (UH!) or Kreator’s ‘Endless Pain’ – I love it, haven't been able to stop playing it, and if you enjoy this type of thrash/death metal then you will too.

Somebody please give these guys a record deal immediately.

Evil or Very Mad

Bacteria13.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » SCORCHED EARTH - GODS, KINGS AND CONQUERORS

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: