View topic - MARDUK - PLAGUE ANGEL

Reply to topic
MARDUK - PLAGUE ANGEL

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » MARDUK - PLAGUE ANGEL
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: MARDUK - PLAGUE ANGEL Reply with quote

MARDUK - PLAGUE ANGEL (REGAIN RECORDS)

Sweden’s Marduk have been sticking their forked tongues at the Christian establishment since 1990 and spitting forth their blitzkrieg of Black Metal like green vomit. Hooray for them. This, their 11th album (including a couple of live records) comes hard at the hooves of 2003’s excellent ‘World Funeral’ record, a personal favorite of mine.
I’m not expecting the majority of readers of my BM reviews to know the ins and outs of the history/soap opera of Marduk, save to say that for one reason or another previous vocalist Erik ‘Legion’ Hagstedt is out, and Mortuus ‘Arioch’ is in. Though really, it’s tough to distinguish the differences between them.
If you are a fan of the band and the genre in general then you will know that Marduk play a devastating form of Black/War metal – listening to this you can almost feel what the ordinary folk of Poland in 1939 felt with the onslaught of the Wehrmacht. All tracks are brutally fast, or faster still; drummer Emil Dragutinovic sounding if he is indeed powered by Duracell batteries.
‘Plague Angel’ should not be filed under Easy Listening – this is a sheering, ear-bleeding racket that only fans of the genre would appreciate. Personally I think it’s great, but, as I’m sure most of you all agree, what the hell do I know? Wink

Bacteria13.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » MARDUK - PLAGUE ANGEL

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: