View topic - LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR – CARNAGE

Reply to topic
LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR – CARNAGE

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR – CARNAGE
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR – CARNAGE Reply with quote

LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR – CARNAGE (SOUTHERN LORD RECORDS)

The first track on this record is called ‘Carnage Fucking Carnage’, and that’s exactly what you get on this, this noisy, riotous album. Their label describes 'Carnage' as a cross between early Venom, Celtic Frost and Slayer – I can’t see the Slayer influence, (for one thing, they were never this punk) try fucking Discharge, mate.
A 3-piece of ugly looking gits, they no less can play a mean tune like a mangy, toothless old dog that hasn't lost any of its killer instinct – check out the excellent ‘The Wolf’, the total Sabbathy ‘Lion Killer’, or the gut-grinding mid-section in 'Enemy of Gods'. And wait ‘til you hear the opening riff to the heavy-as-a-planet ‘Caravan of Blood Soaked Kentauroi’ – magic stuff indeed.
As with the recent Mastodon or Pig Destroyer albums, Lair of the Minotaur will appeal to anyone looking for a I-shouldn't-be-listening-to-this-but-I-love-it-so, clamorous racket in their CD collection.

Smile

Bacteria13.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR – CARNAGE

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: