View topic - WINDS – THE IMAGINARY DIRECTION OF TIME

Reply to topic
WINDS – THE IMAGINARY DIRECTION OF TIME

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » WINDS – THE IMAGINARY DIRECTION OF TIME
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: WINDS – THE IMAGINARY DIRECTION OF TIME Reply with quote

WINDS – THE IMAGINARY DIRECTION OF TIME (THE END RECORDS/BLACKENED RECORDS)

Winds are a neo-classical/progressive/metal/jazz and others influenced band from Norway, and are simply stunning. Lately I’ve been getting into this genre of metal that I’ve overlooked for many years - the classical/progressive themed bands - and I’m kicking myself for not checking it out sooner. As much as I enjoy my Pig Destroyers and my Immolations I do like to mellow out and enjoy the more … musically thoughtful bands out there.
‘The Imaginary Direction of Time’ is a gorgeous, magical album that will literally sweep you off your feet and mesmerize you with dazzling anthems and hypnotizing scores. Featuring the captivating vocals of one Lars Eric Si - think of a Norwegian Maynard Keenan during his most seducing A Perfect Circle moments, and one Jan Axel von Blomberg, (aka, Hellhammer from the notorious Mayhem) on drums amongst other talented individuals – a bizarre combination that reminds this reviewer at times of Dream Theatre jamming with Fallenbach and Voivod at their more avant-garde. ‘Visions of Perfection’, ‘The Fireworks of Genesis’ (with it’s beautiful cello work), ‘Silence in Despair’, album stand-out 'Under the Stars', this album, with its metalic arrangements around piano, violins and cellos is brimming with bewitching songs that if you wish, will entice and enrapture the listener.
A definite must.

Very Happy

Bacteria13.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » WINDS – THE IMAGINARY DIRECTION OF TIME

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: