View topic - AETHYRIA – MANIFESTATIONS

Reply to topic
AETHYRIA – MANIFESTATIONS

voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » AETHYRIA – MANIFESTATIONS
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: AETHYRIA – MANIFESTATIONS Reply with quote

AETHYRIA – MANIFESTATIONS

Aethyria is the brainchild of one Jeff Woodruff, and a talented individual he is too. This 10-track CD collects some of the musical back catalogue of this highly innovated and intrinsically motivated metal artist from 1999 to 2002, and is a must for musicians and fans of technical/jazz fusion metal.
Recorded solely in Woodruff’s living room using a korg d-8 digital recorder and mixed to CD through Power tracks and/or cool edit (I have no idea what that means), you will be amazed at how good this thing sounds – the ultimate DIY project. The vocal range on these tracks are both clean and gruff – which makes for a varied listen. Musically ‘Manifestations’ has a collection of influences stamped all over it; from latter day Death, the vast landscapes of Winds, hints of Fallenbach and the complexities of Nocturnus. Tracks such as ‘January’, ‘Suicide is Sacred’ or (my fave) ‘The Thrash of Music Went’ with its Quorthorn-style vocals hammer home just how good a musician Woodruff is, as is his knowledge and appreciation of the genre as a whole.
If you enjoy your metal complex and challenging yet ultimately rewarding then I suggest you contact Jeff ASAP and inquire about this compelling CD.

Smile

Bacteria13.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » AETHYRIA – MANIFESTATIONS

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: