View topic - UNLEASHED – SWORN ALLEGIANCE

Reply to topic
UNLEASHED – SWORN ALLEGIANCE

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » UNLEASHED – SWORN ALLEGIANCE
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: UNLEASHED – SWORN ALLEGIANCE Reply with quote

UNLEASHED – SWORN ALLEGIANCE (CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS)

Fact; ‘Sworn Allegiance’ came out on the same day as Grave’s ‘Fiendish ‘Regression’. Both records are on the same record label, (they even look alike) and both bands are from the cold north of Sweden. To be honest I was expecting to enjoy Grave’s FG more so than the ninth album from the highly respected Unleashed, but was I surprised. Where the Grave album left me wanting, Unleashed are back in thrashing form after the lackluster (most fans agree, but I do not) ‘Hell’s Unleashed’ from 2002.
‘Winterland’ kicks this album off in galloping style, the much-used Swedish guitar-death sound used to perfection on this crisp, clinical production. The musicianship is superb; Unleashed’s brand of Heavy Metal meets Death and Thrash showing off the highly talented skills of each member, most notably the superb guitar solos of Fredrik Lindgrin. The songs are great too – ‘Destruction of the Race of Men’ (regarding the Battle of Helm’s Deep), ‘The Longships are Coming’ – you’ll be singing this chorus long after you hear it, ‘Bring you Death’, ‘CEO’, and the jaw-droppingly good ‘To Miklagard’, the standout track on an album brimming with metal gems, with a haunting lead by the aforementioned Lindgrin.
Do I recommend it? Hell, yes. There is something for everyone in this album whether you are a heavy/thrash or death metal fan. Go get, now.

(And I swear, the picture of bassist/vocalist Johnny Hedlund in the CD booklet is the spitting image of your humble reviewer when I had long-hair – tis uncanny …)

Smile

Bacteria13.

Last edited by Bacteria13 on Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
wanja
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've never been much for "death/black metal".

Just some curiosa, Miklagård as we say,

Miklagård reffers to Istanbul. When the "Vikings" said Miklagård they meant Istanbul..

Really don't know where the "Vikings" came from, because long before the Vikings came here there already was people livin' up in the nort of Sweden, our "indigenous" people witch we have in common with Norway, Finland and the former Soviet union. The "Sami people" have survived through all times and they still exists up north in those countries. Ok, we are all more or less related and "mixed up" with samis nowadays. We try and preserve the culture and language, but there is no such "human race" called Samis.

I mean we all are "Homo sapiens".

Hmm, I went of topic here. Just saw you mentioned "Miklagård", Istanbul.... Very Happy Wink
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention, I'm gonna check this album out, you got me into other bands, so who knows..

Have take an extra "look" at the vocalist then.. Wink j/k

Thanks "bacteria".... Smile
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » UNLEASHED – SWORN ALLEGIANCE

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: