View topic - FROST – TALKING TO GOD

Reply to topic
FROST – TALKING TO GOD

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » FROST – TALKING TO GOD
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: FROST – TALKING TO GOD Reply with quote

FROST – TALKING TO GOD (RAGE OF ACHILLES RECORDS)

Album number two for the UK’s Black Metal ghouls, Frost. This is one of the known side-projects for a talented fellow called Irrumator, aka The Mickster, aka Mick Kenny, whose other bands include the psycho Anaal Nathrahk, and the gritty Mistress. Whilst serving time in Frost, Irrumator plays all instruments, while two associates called The Fog and The Shid share dual vocals/blasphemous screams, respectively.
Musically, think a controlled Mayhem crossing swords with the industrial kick of Ministry. Album opener ‘Sickness’ sets the tone, a noisy, putrid thing of a song, the chorus of ‘Sickness’ spat out like a repetitive curse. ‘Filthy Black Shit’ is up next, this slow-burner plodding along like a funeral precession for a dirty old man. ‘The Eternal Sea’ is five-minutes of lurking evil, pierced with an eerie howl reminiscent of the Martian’s ‘Ooooooola’ cry in Jeff Wayne’s stunning musical War of the Worlds – if you haven’t heard it rush out now and get it.
Unfortunately, for all the fancy adjectives I may spout to explain ‘Talking to God', there’s nothing really here that will appeal to non-fans of the Black Metal genre. Even the epic (yes, I use the term correctly) title track, with its haunting, choir-like backing wail isn’t enough to tempt the skeptics among you. However, for those who believe – can I hear a ‘Hail Satan!’ – should lap this up willingly.

Evil or Very Mad

Bacteria13.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » FROST – TALKING TO GOD

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: