View topic - NATTEFROST – BLOOD & VOMIT

Reply to topic
NATTEFROST – BLOOD & VOMIT

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » NATTEFROST – BLOOD & VOMIT
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: NATTEFROST – BLOOD & VOMIT Reply with quote

NATTEFROST – BLOOD & VOMIT (SEASON OF MIST)

Now THIS is exceptional. Nattefrost, frontman/mainman from serious Black Metal troopers Carpathian Forest, has released an album that will probably drag Black Metal back to the raw, primitive beginnings of early Bathory and Hellhammer. No mean feat either – basic, unfiltered BM is an art in itself, and not anyone can slap on a bit of corpse paint, pose freezing their nuts off in the woods on a winter’s night and sing about the horned one and make it look convincing. Nattefrost does, and this bodily fluid dripping album (literally) will have purists of the scene singing its praises for many full moons to come.
As for the rest of us… we will be left scratching our heads. There is zero melody here. Zero. A lousy production, it sounds like a moped that has run out of 2-stroke engine oil. The lyrics are hilarious at best – one listen to the outrageously un-PC ‘Whore (filthy whore)’ will have the feminists among you screaming for his head. This goes on for an astonishing four minutes and forty five seconds, but it does have a strangely catchy chorus, mind …
No matter how hard Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth continue to strive to bring Black Metal into the 21st century with huge, bombastic albums, there will always be the militant BM defenders who’ll fight tooth, nail and claw to keep their most unholy music Underground and inaccessible. Nattefrost has more than succeeded in accomplishing this, this putrid, filthy album, but God forgive me, I love it, and it’s a serious contender for my album of the year.

Twisted Evil

Bacteria13.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » NATTEFROST – BLOOD & VOMIT

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: