View topic - VADER – BLOOD EP

Reply to topic
VADER – BLOOD EP

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » VADER – BLOOD EP
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: VADER – BLOOD EP Reply with quote

VADER – BLOOD EP (METAL BLADE RECORDS)

After the success of ‘Revelations’, surely one of the top 10 extreme Metal albums released in the last few years, Vader continue their tradition of releasing a stop-gap while they busy themselves recording their next album, scheduled for the summer. And as the rusty leaves fell last autumn so did ‘Blood’, a 7-track Metal assault from Poland’s premier Metal band.
Kicking off with ‘Shape-Shifting’ (not a song about Odo from Star Trek, I’m assured) this had everything Vader are renowned for; break-neck speeds, thumping rhythms, tasty solos and musicianship that is second-to-none in this field. The mid-paced, doom-ridden ‘We Wait’ is up next, which boasts the line ‘The absence of war/does not mean peace’. They obviously aren’t waiting for a bus, so.
‘Blood’ also comes with a cover of ‘Angel of Death’, the Thin Lizzy version, not the Slayer classic. I unfortunately have the North American version (considering I’m now living in Vancouver) so I got the CD that includes ‘Reign World Forever’, and not AOD for some reason. Not that I would dare condone home taping (cough) but anyone who has the ordinary EP and could arrange to get me a copy of ‘Angel of Death’ please feel free to get in touch...

Smile

Bacteria13.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » VADER – BLOOD EP

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: