View topic - DESTRUCTION – METAL DISCHARGE

Reply to topic
DESTRUCTION – METAL DISCHARGE

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » DESTRUCTION – METAL DISCHARGE
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: DESTRUCTION – METAL DISCHARGE Reply with quote

DESTRUCTION – METAL DISCHARGE (NUCLEAR BLAST RECORDS)

Those of you who know me, know I love Thrash Metal, and know how much I love Destruction. 'Infernal Overkill' and 'Eternal Devastation' are two of my favorite albums of all time. How pleased I was when the Germanic duo of Schmier and Tommy reunited back in the late '90's for some serious thrash attack, and last year they released their 3rd studio record since reforming, 'Metal Discharge'.
‘Made to be broken’, ‘Desecrators of the New Age’, ‘Vendetta’, and the incredible ‘The Ravenous Beast’, quite possibly the most shredding song Destruction have ever written, main men Schmier and Mike, along with new drummer Marc Reign have once again come up with the goods that continue to awe and amaze. And if you’re lucky enough to get the double CD case you get 7 extra tracks, from demo versions of various Destruction tunes to covers of ‘Killers’, by Maiden, ‘Whiplash’ by Metallica and the controversial ‘USA’ by Discharge, already getting our uber-boys into hot water in the States.
Whilst not as frantic as 2001’s ‘The Antichrist’, or as memorable as 2000’s ‘All Hell Breaks Loose’, nevertheless ‘Metal Discharge’, is a crisp, tightly played slab of raging Thrash Metal that will disappoint none of its fans of both the band and the genre.

Smile

Bacteria13.
Dr. Robot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This album has its high points and definately slays the competition.
My faves are Mortal Remains, and the cover USA. One point i would stress is that the screaming choruses from the gang in the backround are a bit repetitve since that formula has been used for three albums now. Time to scrap it.Its annoying after a while. Destruction decided to take a raw approach to this record with no overdubs and studio effects which is respectable. I would go back to using creative tricks and synth effects on the next disc. The fact is, thrash needs more industrial or keyboards in it to make up for the oft repeated formulaic songwriting and to break up the monotony. Coroner did a good job at this so does Apollyon Sun. Destruction needs to go back to more progressive sounds such as in the Agony/ Mad Butcher lineup.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » DESTRUCTION – METAL DISCHARGE

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: