View topic - Favorite VOIVOD album?

Reply to topic
Favorite VOIVOD album?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD album?
« View next topic »
Panzer213

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!!!

Im a voivod fan since the Killing Technology album..

so here is my top voivod albums..
1-RrroooaaaRRR (10/10)
2-Phobos (10/10)
3-Lives (10/10)
4-Killing Technology (10/10)
5-Angel Rat (9.5/10)
6-Dimension Hatross (9.5/10)
7-Negatron (9/10)
8-War and Pain (9/10)
9-Nothing Face (9/10)
10- The OUther Limits (8.5/10)
11-Kronik (8/10)

RrrOOOaaaRRR was so fucking Brutal for the time..
Phobos is sooooooo experimental and sounds great!!!
Lives... A live album yeah!!!
Killing technology.. the true evolution
Angel Rat .. so fucking bizarre
Dimension Hatross for the concept!!
Negatron.. back to heaviness with great vocals
War And Pain.. NOISE RULES!!!
Nothing Face .. the end of an era..
The OUter Limits Great sound and great fucking songs like Jack Luminous
and Kronik.. and Don't like remix albums a lot..but it's voivod!!!

Excuse my poor english!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
VODLVR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hatross boys, hatross...it has an airy, spacial quality that gives it mystery, nothingface is too dry production wise for vod...come on, pyschic vacuum?
RON

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2000 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My choice of Voivod album? Difficult, but I feel from RRRRROOOOAAAARRRR throught to dimension hatross was a journey through sheer aggression (Korgull The Exterminator), sheer mayhem (Tornado) and sheer intensity (Cosmic Drama) marking a compelling path of inventiveness nobody has ever matched. Nothingface was a let down for me, mainly because it seemed to be less 'on the edge' as the previous three. Angel Rat was too commercial and The Outer Limits was good, but not exceptional Voivod. Negatron was strange with a new vocalist but it had good moments, but Phobos really seems to be a rebirth of the intensity of old and I am so pleased to see them rekindle a spirit of near anarchic originalty again. My favorite track? I have three that I can't separate; Overreaction, Thrashing Rage and Cosmic Drama. They all contain more musical spine than so many of their peers antire back catalogues and long may that tradition of uniqueness continue!
Locust

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite VOIVOD album is "Outer limits".
Pictures in booklet can take you illnes mind to insane (don't forget about special glasses!!!)
FTW SOB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2000 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTHINGFACE is definitely their most original, creative, and thought-provoking album. It is a classic and timeless work that may have came before it's time. It was such a releif from the late 80's glam-metal cheese and generic uninspiring thrashcrap at the time. The abstract concepts and artwork could not be appreciated by the mass conformists. But it really has complex meanings that can be related to in life. ANGELRAT was my second choice. While keeping true to their x-periMENTAL nature, this album did have a more melodic mainstream sound. DIMENSION HATROSS was also a decent album. THE OUTER LIMITS album was somewhat of a letdown. It doesn't have an edge quite like the others. I would like to see Blacky and Snake rejoin the band and record another cutting-edge album like NOTHINGFACE for the new century. They are all excellent musicians on their own merit. And as for best song, they are all good in their own ways. But some of my personal favorites are The Unknown Knows, Into My Hypercube, Missing Sequences, X-ray Mirror, Panorama, Nuage Fractal, and Chaosmongers. NEVER SELL OUT!!!
mikrokosmonaut

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2000 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe one month ago i discovered a newsgroup about VOIVOD (alt.music.voivod) which suffered from way to less readers. O.k., I then posted a poll in there with exactly the same question I today discovered on VOVOD.COM, and that was really nice to see. There are more people out there into this great band. Well, now back to the question: It always somehow depends on my mood (blabla) but I would either choose NOTHINGFACE or DIMENSION HATRÖSS... the latter being my momentary winner. This record is the shit. It is the missing link. To what? Anything I guess, the record just says it all...
sourgrapes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

without a doubt Nothingface is may favorite, but i love everything before and after it, especially Angel Rat and Negatron

Nothingface changed music for me when it came out, though....
Mobius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2000 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every Voivod album is a progression from the last. Although some albums in the past have been initially hard to get into, they all have grown on me to the point of absolute worship!! My absolute favourites are:
Killing Technology, Dimension Hatross, and the Outer Limits. At one point, I thought that Voivod couldn't exist without all four original members, and I am glad I was wrong. I have seen them tour for: RRROOOAAARRR, Killing Technology, Nothingface and Phobos; Voivod are the greatest band ever; NEVER STOP!!!!!
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very few bands equal Voivod's diversity without sounding 'forced', therefore it's very hard to list a favorite. "Nothingface" is outstanding and was probably their first album that made them known to a larger metal audience, but to consider them a metal band is an insult. I still find "Angel Rat" their most dared, unique and atmospheric album - AAMOF I think it's the best album that has ever been done by any band, followed closely by Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon". I know those two are very different and from a different era, but I never seem to grow tired of either of these albums and I've heard them a zillion times. They are magic !
tditzgb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, you people on this forum are terrific. What great minds converging to talk intellectually about Voivod!! You are all so diverse, it's so inspiring!
Yet I've got to be true to myself, and proclaim Nothingface as the tops, with Hatross close behind. No other "metal" band has ever innovated that much. Those two albums are unique to the genre, so much so that they deserve their own category.
Being a rabid Voivod fan, I agree that all their albums are incredible and inclusive. I choose these two because they completely changed my mind about what could be accomplished within the definition of heavy rock, just as King Crimson did. I play in groups with rockers and proggers much older than me, and when they hear that Voivod is one of my big influences, they scoff "isn't that a metal band?" Then I play one or both of these albums, and they ALWAYS say "oh, um, wow, hey, can I borrow that? Where are those guys from?" With those albums they transcended (sorry to use such a pretensious word) their time and made something that lasts. I'm not even going to get into specifics. Of course I'm rabid about all the albums, but these are complete accomplishments. Enough said.
(Just so you know, this is coming from a guy who shrieks "Blower" at the top of his lungs in the morning shower once a week, and tears up when he hears "Freedom".)
owlhiss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2000 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you bastard making such a hard topic i can't ignore!

6 way tie for hatros/nothingface/
angelrat/outer limits/negatron/phobos

because they have all been my favorite at one point or another. hahaaahaahaaaaa
chaosmongers@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2000 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a hard choice, but it's gotta be Killing Technology for me - and who could forget the humorous but thought provoking 'Ravenous Medicine' video?
ubik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a hard choice isnt it? Ii dont think Im even going to try. I love nothingface, my first taste of Voivod, or any metal at all, and I was blown away. No album ever got me like that again, except of course, Angel Rat and Hatross. I dont really listen to the new stuff, a bit heavy for me now. My head isnt in such dark space anymore if you know what I mean.

Im so glad this forum isnt full of try-hards who have only heard the later stuff. There seem to be many long time fans here.

Voivod create a more convincing atmosphere than any band Ive ever heard, and I think angel and hattross are the best examples of this.

Okay thats enough.

Nate Mountain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2001 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having this discussion with Dave from Neurosis and both he and I agreed that Dimension Hatross is the best.

I truly love them all (well, Negatron was a little lame) and feel that Phobos was a major return to form.

The new one will be a big contender.
geneyos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2001 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is really hard 2 answer this question, coz it's hard 2 choose one album of these, saying it is better than the others. I think most of them are excellent, and are individual ones. You cannot compare Phobos to NothingFace for example.
I always have a "favourite" album, but it always depends on my mood (and on many other things) that which one is that. I tell you instead, what's the reason I like each albums.
Usually I like Dimension Hatröss and Phobos the best, becuase the albums contain a story, the songs together have a meaning, and the story can't be complete if a song is missing. The music and the vocals as well are expressive and impulsive. Both albums are a little bit industrial, and that makes them taste better!!!!!
NothingFace is not less impulsive album, I like the artworks here, (I think Michel's best). The lyrics are what I like on this album the best, and Piggy's guitar themes.
The Outer Limits is the most futuristic album of Voivod, that's why I like it!!! The cover is also the best of Away!!!! Very individual idea to make a cover in 3D!!! Great idea that no-one else thought of!
I think Angel Rat is also a very good album, I like the sound of it. The songs and themes are very simple, however something makes it sound great!!! The complete stuff is more digestible, than the previos materials. Snake shows that he can sing also and not only speak or rattle. When it came out, it was my favourite.
Negatron is also a good album, and Killing Technology too. When I heard Killing album, I hadn't listened to metal music yet. I was a big sci-fi fan, and the sound of the album and the lyrix caught me at once!!!!
I like Kronik because of the remixes. I think they are something new again.

I like Voivod because they are always one step ahead than the average music scene. (Only one thing I don't understand: why on Earth did this futuristic band need to play a stupid song from venom?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
Page 4 of 13 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD album? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: