View topic - Favorite VOIVOD album?

Reply to topic
Favorite VOIVOD album?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD album?
« View next topic »
Fulvio Araya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2000 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I adore all voivod's albums for their differences, but anyway I consider their latest studio album "Phobos" as their absolute masterpiece. The concept is a true nightmare and the album merges excellently brutality with psychedelia. And moreover I'm linked to it affectively because it's the first Voivod album I've ever heard!
Dude

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2000 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best Voivod album has to be Dimension Hatross. It is full of songs that have so many different textures and sounds no one else has duplicated, even themselves. Seeing them live as they played those songs was a trip! I'll never forget it!
ddwookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every Voivod album rules in its own way! But I must say RRROOOAAARRR is what turned me on to Voivod. On that fateful day back in 1987, I also picked up Scream Bloody Gore by Death and Flag of Hate by Kreator. Over the years, Nothingface is the one that has stuck with me most, and still makes it into my top 10 albums of all time.

Last edited by ddwookie on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pshark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2000 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to the forum, but have followed Voivod since I first heard RRROOOAAARRR! It's really hard to pick my fave so I'll pick two. Killing Technology and Dimension Hatross!KT for raw futuristic mayhem and Hatross ' riffy production are both masterpieces.
Randy Crust

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2000 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Favorite album is Phobos yeah I prefer
the newer shit. I think the new band is
way tighter and Eric vocal are better
I never like Snake's but he and Blacky were
the coolest!!!

Negatron is the Album that got me into
Voivod and it blow Angel Rat away.

My favorite older Album is Dimention Haltross
NothingFace is a bit to slow for me.
Snakehead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimension Hatröss !!!
best sound, best atmosphere best,best,best !!!!!!!!!!
X-D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2000 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no possible way to compare and rate all of their albums.....All of their albums stand above any other album released by any band...... old and new, nobody ever beat them. Metallica sucks.
Ripping headaches favorite old song
Missing sequence favorite new song
Doctor Quasar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2000 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say the "Killing Technology", "Dimension Hatross",and "Nothingface" Trilogy is quintessential Voivod, kinda like the Star Wars Trilogy. This period represents the heart of Voivod. This is when they were given a decent recording contract and started to refine their sci-fi metal sound and before Blacky left and the band started to fall apart personally. All the other albums are great too, but this is definitely the most important period of Voivod history in my opinion.
Heet them one by one!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with the person above me - the albums released between '86 and '90 are classics. I would LOVE to see a show featuring the original line-up where they play all three (Technology, Hatross, Nothingface) consecutively from Killing Technology up to Sub-Effect. THAT would rule. This certainly isn't meant to disrespect the band in it's current format or anything...
nothingface
Helldriver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2000 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly agree with Dr. Quasar's diagnosis! For the past three weeks, I've been running "War and Pain" - "The Outer Limits", in sequence, all day at work. Their progression from album to album is nothing short of amazing! The period from "Killing Technology" through "Nothingface" is certainly the essence of their existance.

I bought "Negatron" when it first came out and hadn't listened to it since. Disappointed and disallusioned, I was leary of "Phobos" and had not bought it, until last week.

Every facet of it is much better than "Negatron". It's a much more exploratory and inventive record, to say the least. There are many highlights as Voivod have added yet another dimension to their sound which has always been far more broad than any other musical entity. I introduced "Phobos" to my workday playlist this week.

In hopes that "Phobos" would help bridge the chasm that "Negatron" fell into, I re-approached it (Negatron) with fresh ears (slightly adjusted for the post-Snake era). I gave up after a few songs.

In my opinion, "Phobos" is a good album, but it cannot compete with the "Trilogy" mentioned previously. I guess I'm still hung up in the "Snake era", but I'm glad I finally gave "Phobos" a chance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
wiflo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2000 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, no!! Sorry but I just can't said :"This album is better than...or I like only...". Every session of Voivod is a concentrate of Emotions. I listen all products of Voivod, and I feel a different Emotions every time. It's possible thinkin' that best album is the last... every album is next step on the future! Sorry for my nasty english!!!!
PresidentXDee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I like all Voivod from the early thrash to the more recent stuff, but my favorite album is THE OUTER LIMITS. It maintans a compelling atmosphere from start to finish, reinforced strongly by the cool, nostalgic SF artwork. "The Nile Song" is a perfect choice of cover song; "Wrongway Street" just rock; "We Are Not Alone" manages to be hilarious and disturbing at the same time;"Moonbeam Rider" is so ethereal it sounds like it's gonna float right off the CD and up into the sky; and of course "Jack Luminous" is Voivod's most triumphant epic. All of the songs (even those I didn't list) are strong--no stinkers in the bunch. Where does music like this come from? The strange, crystalline guitar tones on this album (and the ones around it) don't sound quite like any other band in the world.

Also, THE OUTER LIMITS has made more Voivod converts than any other album I know of personally.

--President XDee
MetalChris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with the comments that the Killing Technology, Dimension Hatross, & Nothingface trilogy are the heart of VoiVod's legacy. My favorite is easily Dimension Hatross. Insanely Experimental, heavy as lead, and simply Genius. Quite possibly my favorite album of all time. K.T. is also great but D.H. is the album where they made the transition from a great metal band to musical geniuses. As great as nothingface is, I was honestly let down by it, only because it wasn't as good as Hatross, but how can you follow a masterpiece like D.H.? I also love Outer Limits, and while the new stuff will never be as great in my opinion, Negatron and Phobos are both really good albums in their own way.
graykey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2000 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
Jorge, I was wondering the same about phobos. I don't have the cd yet, but have heard it's alot better than Negatron.

Phobos is unbelievable! I find it much better than Negatron. From the opening intro to the way that Eric's voice has melded much more into Voivod. I've heard Michel liken Negatron to Killing Technology and Phobos to Dimension Hatross. I agree with him, as I believe the listenability from K.T. to D.H. is an amazing jump. As is Negatron to Phobos.
Jakke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

War & Pain still kick's my butt. I have been
Voivod fan since 1986 and my favorite song after these years is Live for Violence. I don't know why, maybe it's the sound and vox that makes me feel good. And of course the style how Piggy rapes his axe.
Page 3 of 13 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD album? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: