View topic - Favorite VOIVOD song

Reply to topic
Favorite VOIVOD song
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD song
« View next topic »
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2000 11:56 pm    Post subject: Favorite VOIVOD song Reply with quote

It is hard to decide what my favorite VOIVOD song is, because there are too many great VOIVOD songs!
I will say it is a three way tie between 'The Unknown Knows', 'Panorama' and 'Fix my Heart'
My favorite VOIVOD lyrics are found in the 'Angel Rat' CD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
nothingface
Helldriver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2000 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a hard one. the best i can do is pick a few favorites. on "nothingface"- definitely "sub-effect" (i am a huge fan of blacky and his style). from "angel rat"- "the prow" (ever drive REALLY fast with that song blasting?) from "dimension hatross"- "brain scan" (great effect with the megaphone.) however, i usually don't like to single out particular voivod songs to call favorites because i like to consider the album as a whole, the sum of all the songs. is that too wierd?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
glowhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2000 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite Voivod song is Jack Lumnious, Voivod runs the gamut in this song, I love it.
Triple F

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2000 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its a cover tune, but the Nile song is my favorite. Get chills everytime i hear it. Well, Insect is pretty bad ass too.
void

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2000 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, for me it will be
astronomy domine
the tower
and then that jack luminous, that really gets the jelly rocking..............but without question the song with the most atmosphere for me is astronomy, that one is just.......dunno, it just gets me every time

brain scan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2000 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me - brain scan, astronomy domine and 21st century schizoid man created by King Crimson - really great electric cosmic kicker
Andree

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2000 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh this isn´t easy to answer. Because every album is so different. Maybe a list will do:
1. War & Pain: Live for Violence
2. Rööööaaar: Korgüll the Exterminator
3. Killing....: Tornado
4. Dimension: Cosmic Drama
5. Nothingface: Pre-Ignition
6. Angel Rat: Angel Rat
7. Outer Limits: Jack Luminous
8. Negatron: Meteor
9. Phobos: Mercury
10. Kronik: Ion
And of course "Too scared to scream"
CU
Andree
Church of voivodian Vampirism
JackLuminous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2000 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, I was afraid of this particular question...I can honestly say that I cannot choose just one particular song as my favorite. I equally love every single song off of "Dimension Hatross", "Nothingface", "Angelrat", and "The Outer Limits". Voivod's albums need to be enjoyed as a whole, not just singular songs. How's that for narrowing it down?
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2000 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, according to the grapevine, Relapse records (http://www.relapse.com) are putting together a Voivod compilation with bands like Mr. Bungle, Primus and Sepultura!..
what songs do you guys think should go in there?

The whole idea of having Mr. Bungle do a Voivod song is way beyond cool!!!

[This message has been edited by yuri (edited March 07, 2000).]
JackLuminous

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2000 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I can't imagine what Mr.Bungle's version of a Voivod song would sound like! I can't wait to hear it. I bet that most bands are gonna choose stuff from the first three albums to cover because it's a little bit (and I stress the words "little bit"!) more conventional than the later music. I'm assuming bands will cover the Snake/Blacky era stuff as the releases with Eric Forrest are still relatively new. Anyway, wouldn't it be a total trip if Bungle covered something off of "Nothingface"? I would LOVE to hear someone do "Tribal Convictions" from "Dimension Hatross".
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2000 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, if you were to pick up 10 bands to be in the tribute album, which ones would you pick?
nothingface
Helldriver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2000 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tribute CD Title- Omniscient Prototype: Reflections in the X-Ray Mirror

Song Title/Artist:

1. The Prow/ Motorhead
2. Clouds In My House/ Led Zeppelin
3. Sub-Effect/ Primus
4. Tribal Convictions/ U2
5. X-Ray Mirror/ King Crimson
6. Killing Technology/ Prodigy
7. Angel Rat/ Jethro Tull
8. Brain Scan/ Rollins Band
9. Chaosmongers/ Rage Against The Machine
10.Nuage Fractal/ Tori Amos

I would love to hear each of these artists perform these songs within their unique style. The diversity of my selections is meant to show how limitless the Voivod sound can be. To limit my selection of tribute artists to a particular genre would be an insult to their genius.

ponk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2000 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tribal convictions
Lindsay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2000 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favourite song at the minute has to be ion from kronik album because when they were in ireland in october they played it and it sounded amazing Piggy's guitar work well what can i say
Korgull

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2000 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many great songs to choose. My favourite ones are ORDER OF THE BLACKGUARDS, TRIBAL CONVICTIONS, JACK LUMINOUS, NANOMAN... Man, that's a hard topic to answer!!!
Page 1 of 8 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD song Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: