View topic - What is your favorite VOIVOD album artwork?

Reply to topic
What is your favorite VOIVOD album artwork?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » What is your favorite VOIVOD album artwork?
« View next topic »
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2000 11:17 pm    Post subject: What is your favorite VOIVOD album artwork? Reply with quote

My favorite Michel artwork would be the work for the NothingFace album since it goes hand in hand with the concepts of the lyrics. I love the fact that Michel did artwork for every song!
Another favorite of mine is the cover for Angel Rat, which tries to depict most of the concepts of the songs in the artwork.
In the Discography/Angel Rat section of this site, i've tried to figure out what piece of cover artwork relates to what song. It is like a little puzzle!

[This message has been edited by yuri (edited March 09, 2000).]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
JackLuminous

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2000 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuri, you nailed the interpretations of the ANGEL RAT artwork perfectly! That is exactly how I have thought each of the album cover's (and interior, in the case of the spider pulling the wagon) characters would match up to the songs. I also like how you used no picture at all for "None Of The Above". ANGEL RAT is my personal favorite Away album design. It's so unique and it has a sinister and beautiful dark quality that really draws you in, especially when you view it with the album's songs in mind. I also really like the album design for THE OUTER LIMITS. First off, the 3-D idea is awesome - it fits in with the sci-fi imagery perfectly. And the artwork for each song really ties in even though they're simple pictures. The style that Away chose matches so well with that '50s sci-fi vibe. Also I love how they made the cover look like an old pulp magazine from the '40s & '50's, complete with the Voivod logo done in that style. Obviously, NOTHINGFACE's arwork is classic. Even now, 11 years after I first got it, I still like to look at the pictures as I listen to it, they really are an integral part of the whole story. Not only is Voivod THE most underrated band of all time, but so is Away's artwork! I only have the first 4 Voivod recordings in album format; the rest are CDs. I wish I could get ALL of them in album format, just to have enlarged versions of Away's incredible artwork!
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2000 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jack, you should try visiting Ebay.com and doing a search on "voivod". You can still find plenty of people selling good old 'VOD LPs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
JackLuminous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2000 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Yuri, I'll check it out right now!
ponk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2000 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killing technology
JackLuminous

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2000 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Yuri, I just scored a brand new unopened copy of NOTHINGFACE on LP on E-Bay! Of course, I'm gonna open it up for the artwork inside. I just wanted to say "thanks" for the tip!

[This message has been edited by JackLuminous (edited March 12, 2000).]
nothingface
Helldriver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2000 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've enjoyed all of Away's album art, as well as his other work I've seen. But, if I had to choose one album's artwork as a favotite, I'd choose Nothingface because I think it helps define the mood of the album better than any other. Angel Rat is a close second.
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack:
You've got yourself a very rare LP!
how much did it set you back?
I would be great to scan the artwork from the LP!
Hmm.. I wonder if any albums after Nothingface were released in LP format..
nothingface
Helldriver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've heard, all albums through The Outer Limits were pressed in vinyl as well. I don't have Angel Rat or The Outer Limits on vinyl, but I've heard from a few who claim to. There's a 3-song clear vinyl promo from The Outer Limits available too. I paid a good bit for mine (autographed), but you can usually get them on ebay for around $10-$15. If I come across a source for the other two albums on vinyl, I'll post it here.

[This message has been edited by nothingface (edited March 14, 2000).]
Korgull

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2000 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be a tie, between the Angel Rat cover and the vinyl version of The Outer Limits.
JackLuminous

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2000 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuri:
I got the new NOTHINGFACE vinyl for $11.00, which includes shipping. Now if I can only find ANGELRAT and THE OUTER LIMITS. Imagine TOL in album size!
doomsafri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2000 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killin' technology- the logo is a killer, my fav. voivod's logo thus far

safri
XmarkX

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2000 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phobos has a simply amazing layout, but i also love the way Nothingface and The Outer Limits had artwork for every song. the thing i've noticed with ALL Voivod albums is that the artwork always fits perfectly with the music somehow.
Fulvio Araya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2000 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voivod Lives!
Randy Crust

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2000 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey it's Randy Crust I have a radio show
in Halifax called Helldriver .

My favorite album art would be Phobos
followed by Dimension Haltross.

I like that the fact Away draws pictures
to follow the story, in fact I have one of his designs on my arm.
Page 1 of 6 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » What is your favorite VOIVOD album artwork? Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: