View topic - Nothingface dates?

Reply to topic
Nothingface dates?

voivod.net Forum Index » VOIVOD Tour Dates » Nothingface dates?
« View next topic »
deesonic

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Nothingface dates? Reply with quote

Nobody has updated on this forum in quite awhile, but I thought I'd take a shot. The one and only time I saw Voivod live was in 1989 on the Nothingface tour. I was 16 years old. It was at the Santa Monica Civic in Santa Monica, California. Other bands I can recall on the bill were Nuclear Assault, Wrathchild America, and I think Vio-lence. There were at least 2 or 3 more but I can't seem to remember who. Sadly, as I recall, Voivod had a rough set. There were many sound problems. Snake's mic kept going out and Piggy's guitar was very low. They were visibly frustrated as I recall. And after the onslaught of straight up thrash bands that preceded them, the crowd seemed very confused by Voivod's new spaced out metal. I remember buying a white Dimension Hatross t-shirt at the gig.

Anyway, if anyone has any more info about this show or tour dates for Nothingface, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
deesonic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been on here in years. I guess no one ever found these dates. I should've mentioned Testament was on the bill too. How did I forget that?
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Concert at The Santa Monica Civic in California opening for Testament, with Nuclear Assault was the only show Voivod played in 1989. (December 16 1989 to be exact) as the band was busy recording and releasing NothingFace; which was released in October 1989.
voivod.net Forum Index » VOIVOD Tour Dates » Nothingface dates?

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: