View topic - Krisiun - AssassiNation

Reply to topic
Krisiun - AssassiNation

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » Krisiun - AssassiNation
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Krisiun - AssassiNation Reply with quote

Krisiun - AssassiNation (Century Media)

Krisiun is the ‘other’ band from Brazil who, unlike their heroes Sepultura hasn’t sold out or let family squabbles come between good music. The three brothers who front Krisiun, Max and Moyses Kolsene on drums and guitar respectively, whilst Alex Camargo (who took their mother’s surname) brings up the rear on bass and vocals have been stomping the boards since 1990, and have earned a reputation as one of the hardest working bands in the circuit today. Extremely talented and tight musicians, their previous albums, some classics, others not-so, have mostly been plagued with questionable productions. 2004’s between albums filler, Bloodshed, offered 7 new tracks as well as their ultra-rare, 1994 Unmerciful Order EP. Cracking stuff; except for the production.
Cut to 2006; the band are holed up in Stage-One-Studios in Germany using the magic fingers of ex-Holy Moses guitarist-turned producer Andy Classen. Whether they knew it at the time or not, but Krisiun have recorded a death metal album of colossus status.
Bold words indeed; but does AssassiNation actually live up to my biased praise? Without a shadow of doubt. Opener ‘Bloodcraft’ is a machine-gun, rapid fire musical blitzkrieg, bouncing around your skull like hot shards of shrapnel. ‘Natural Genocide’ storms from the gecko, riffs galore, drum rolls aplenty – at times it seems that all three musicians are solo-ing their individual instruments simultaneously. ‘H.O.G. (House of God)’ simply thumps along, throwing riffs upon riffs, the drums a separate entity onto themselves. ‘Refusal’ is probably my favorite track, the lyrics “Hate me, despise me/for I reveal the horrors you fear/Nameless, scum of the earth/You die every time you speak my name” may sound silly here, but put into the context of the song and it sounds brutal. Even their cover of Motorhead's 'Sweet Revenge' ricochets off the four walls. There is chaos here, but it is controlled chaos, Brazilian Death Metal chaos and it never sounded so good.
Let me make this absolutely clear: I am of the opinion that is the probably one of the greatest Death Metal albums ever recorded. Some of you will no doubt disagree with me - Yuri & Cocoa-Demon especially - but in time this album will be mimicked, praised and heralded as a classic of the genre.
Mark my words.

Bacteria13 Twisted Evil

Refusal:

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1EF4D16C24EFBE17
DemonGrinder
Helldriver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good review....
Krisiun are what great Death metal should be like..they deserve to float to the top...
i will pick this release up for sure...
Smile
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A review accompanied by a download.. HOT DAMN!
thank you sir!
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries - thought it'd spice up the review section.

I received my AssassiNation tshirt from a guy I know in Toronto yesterday when Morbid Angel, Behemoth & Krisiun passed through there last week - very sexy ...!
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » Krisiun - AssassiNation

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: