View topic - Metalcore 201: God Forbid - IV: Constitution of Treason

Reply to topic
Metalcore 201: God Forbid - IV: Constitution of Treason

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » Metalcore 201: God Forbid - IV: Constitution of Treason
« View next topic »
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Metalcore 201: God Forbid - IV: Constitution of Treason Reply with quote

(2005) God Forbid - IV: Constitution of Treason

Anyone reading my Metalcore reviews would think that there is nothing i could possibly like about the new hyped genre.
Fortunately, in most musical genres, there is always something good, and New Jersey's God Forbid are as good as Metalcore gets.

The band has the usual metalcore elements, namely hardcore vocals and melodic choruses, but their guitar work and songwriting sets the band miles apart from run-of-the-mill metalcore bands like Trivium, All that remains, etc.

In addition to their great songwriting God Forbid also incorporate some interesting vocal harmonies and acoustic guitars and different moods in their songs, without sounding like Stryper or Poison.

These guys are not the usual metalcore Soilwork / At The Gates clones or interested in becoming the next Greedtallica ... they just play uncompromising, high-quality music without cliches.
I can't see any metal fan not liking this album for what it is: Great Music.
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » Metalcore 201: God Forbid - IV: Constitution of Treason

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: