View topic - Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny of Souls

Reply to topic
Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny of Souls

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny of Souls
« View next topic »
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny of Souls Reply with quote

For those who were dissapointed with Iron Maiden's lackluster Dance of Death run to your nearest Record store and get Bruce's latest solo album Tyranny of Souls

Like its predecessor studio album The Chemical Wedding, Tyranny of Souls is a great sounding album with great songs and some very heavy guitars courtesy of Roy Z and co.

Some fans have commented that Adrian Smith is missing from this album, but i disagree.. if you know your Maiden, you know Dave Murray is the main soloist and Steve Harris the main songwriter, with Adrian providing some solos here and there.

The main ingredients that make this album great are Roy Z.'s modern, heavy guitar sounds, top notch production skills and songwriting and Bruce's voice.

Steve Harris and the rest of Iron Maiden should take a cue from this album.
A must for any Maiden fan!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: VETO! Reply with quote

nononononono!!!Very Happy

i heavily disagree with that. bruce put out some really good stuff in the past, the chemical wedding is a fanstastic, dark and moody album, indeed. but tyranny of souls is nothing more than a snapshot. a highly overrated work with uninspired guitar riffs that must have been in roy z. beauty case for the last few years. you can find those riffs somewhere in the darkest corner of 80s metal, among with some of the most cheesy melodylines that bruce ever rolled to the launch pad. on top of it all there is "navigate the seas[of cheese] of the sun", probably the worst song of dickinsons career. can a singer sound more unmotivated? a singer with his capability? come on!!

the album sounds like bruce and roy were sitting at a hotel bar and it was like "roy, the record company wants a new album and i need fuel for my airplane. what can we do?" and roy was going "errr, actually i have some old metal riffs here. okay, it's whimpy and cheesy crap, but i know that the metal fans in germany, south american, spain and greece will love it. so come on, let's roll!" and bruce was like "hell yeah, i have some lyrics here that are too ridiculous even for maiden so i'll use them for this album."

let's face it: tyranny of souls is boring as hell.
wanja
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I like the album. Bruce got an amaxing voice.
Warrior of Ice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well..........., I like the album too, no disapointment at all!

Grtz, DBC
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny of Souls

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: