View topic - CLUTCH - ROBOT HIVE/EXODUS

Reply to topic
CLUTCH - ROBOT HIVE/EXODUS

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » CLUTCH - ROBOT HIVE/EXODUS
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: CLUTCH - ROBOT HIVE/EXODUS Reply with quote

New York, NY -- DRT recording artist Clutch are set to release their sixth studio album titled, Robot Hive / Exodus. The album was prodcued by J. Robbins (Jawbox, The Dismemberment Plan) and recorded at Bearsville Studios in Woodstock, NY, and mixed at Water Music in Hoboken, NJ.

http://www.pro-rock.com/multimedia/pix/flyers/kerrang2.jpg

Review to follow.
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch - Robot Hive/Exodus

How can a band who tour continuously release jaw-dropping good albums year after year? One of those unanswered questions, I guess. Nevertheless, Robot Hive/Exodus has been out for a couple of months now, and I (and consequently all within listening radius of Castle Bacteria13) have been living with this monstrous album since I ran home throwing children behind me with the CD clutched firmly in my hands. Whilst not as immediate as last year’s ‘Blast Tyrant’, RH/E takes the Clutch machine up a notch to the shelves of ‘maturity’, they now sounding like a 70’s space rock band jamming with whiskey-pickled Blues artists of the 1930’s.

From album opener ‘The incomparable Mr. Flannery’ to album closer ‘Who’s been talking?’ you, the grateful listener, should consider yourself blessed to be in the company of one of the world’s most rockin’ (re, hallowed) bands. ‘Burning Beard’ grooves along, ‘Mice and Gods’ swathes with angelic boogey, ‘Small Upsetters’, an instrumental, introduces new member Mick Schauer on Hammond Organ, something that Clutch has always used in the recordings. It’ll be interesting to see how this boosts their sound live.

I could rant and rave at how good this record is, or how unique and damn good this band is, but you already know my biased stance. If you haven’t got Clutch yet, hold your head in shame.

Very Happy

Bacteria13.
wanja
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacteria13 wrote:
Clutch - Robot Hive/Exodus

I could rant and rave at how good this record is, or how unique and damn good this band is, but you already know my biased stance. If you haven’t got Clutch yet, hold your head in shame.

Very Happy

Bacteria13.

I've got that album!!!! Very Happy and it's great!
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » CLUTCH - ROBOT HIVE/EXODUS

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: