View topic - Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama

Reply to topic
Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama
« View next topic »
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama Reply with quote

The world is such an ironic place: While some nu-metal bands now try to market themselves as "metal" with dubious results (see Mudvayne Lost and Found review), young Swedish melodic death metal band Soilwork have gone nu-metal.
Well, not exactly nu-metal.. but close.
Goodbye blistering death metal of The Chainheart Machine Hello alternating melodic singing, lack of solos and other nu-metal cliches.

Fortunately, there is a HUGE difference between fellow 2005 Ozzfest bands Soilwork and Mudvayne: Stabbing the Drama is filled with fast, old-fashioned thrash, really catchy melodic choruses, great singing and high caliber music that Mudvayne only wish they could write on their best day.
These guys can surely write some great songs!
They even have a few guitar solos in a couple of songs, a cardinal nu-metal sin!

Not ground-breaking, but most definitely worth a listen.

Last edited by yuri on Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
wanja
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama Reply with quote

yuri wrote:
.....Well, not exactly nu-metal.. but close.
Goodbye guitar solos, hello nu-metal cliches..
----------

These guys can surely write some great songs!
They even have a few guitar solos in a couple of songs, a cardinal nu-metal sin!

Not ground-breaking, but most definitely worth a listen.

I've just gave "Nerve", a track from this album, a listen.

A few guitar solos...... I hope they don't sound too "nu-metalish".
Have they changed a lot since "Natural Born Chaos"??

Devin T. produced Natural B.C. and I l like that album maybe it's because they were very influenced by Devin T. then and I really like DTB and SYL.
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: