View topic - Jesu - Jesu

Reply to topic
Jesu - Jesu

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » Jesu - Jesu
« View next topic »
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Jesu - Jesu Reply with quote

After dissolving Godflesh on April 2002, musical innovator Justin Broadrick has re-entered the music scene with drummer Ted Parsons from Swans / Prong, calling the new project "Jesu"

Justin could have easily called this band Godflesh, because after all, *he* was Godflesh; but against all marketing odds, he decided to christen this band with a different name, probably to distance himself from his musical past.

Having Justin onboard, Jesu obviously sounds like Godflesh, but as a true artist, he has decided to re-invent himself, by dropping the pounding drums / drum machines and adopting elements from bands such as Sigus Ros and Montreal's Godspeed! You Black Emperor into his music, creating a droning, hypnotic and beautifully heavy landscape.

Recommended to any fans of innovative and creative music.
One of the best CDs of 2005.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must to buy this. Shocked

the sky is burning
the clouds are falling
I'm more than sorry
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » Jesu - Jesu

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: