View topic - Mudvayne - Lost and Found

Reply to topic
Mudvayne - Lost and Found

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » Mudvayne - Lost and Found
« View next topic »
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Mudvayne - Lost and Found Reply with quote

Like rats in a sinking nu-metal ship, 2005 finds Mudvayne desperately trying to reinvent themselves as a "metal" band, denying they were ever part of the dreaded submetal category.

So how "metal" is the now makeup-less Mudvayne?
Have they escaped the trappings and cliches of nu-metal?

Listening to the pseudo-rapping of Determined, the Tool ripoff verses on Pushing Through and Fall into Sleep, the alternating vocals on "Happy?," it seems like all the elements old metal fans hate about "nu-metal," are present namely:

1-No guitar solos to be found in any of the songs
2-Alternating clean and shouted hardcore vocals
3-Staccato guitar parts
4-The obligatory Tool ripoff verses
5-Korn-styled lyrics

I must admit Mudvayne does have some good songwriting skills.
They are good when they write enjoyable, catchy songs (Happy, Fall into Sleep), but until they break totally free from the trappings of nu-metal, they will be destined to sink with the ship..
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an obvious Marketing coup the people running Ozzfest decided to have this band in the main stage opening for Iron Maiden while really talented bands such as Soilwork get to play a 20 minute set in the smaller stage.

So, i got to see them live.. the crowd's reaction was lukewarm to say the least..
These guys ain't Korn that's for sure..
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » Mudvayne - Lost and Found

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: