View topic - SHATTERPOINT – CONSEQUENCES

Reply to topic
SHATTERPOINT – CONSEQUENCES

voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » SHATTERPOINT – CONSEQUENCES
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: SHATTERPOINT – CONSEQUENCES Reply with quote

SHATTERPOINT – CONSEQUENCES

Hailing from the Greater Toronto area, Canada, Shatterpoint offer for your listening pleasure this 6-song CD of metal stompers, planted squarely between Machine Head and The Haunted. This is rousing, mosh-pit-metal-mania, professionally produced and aiming to please.
Looking like the kind of guys every girl’s mother warned not to bring home, this quartet of devilishly handsome fellows have been playing every dingy hole in the last year-and-a-half. This has transformed them into a tightly-knit, tour-de-force, and the CD reflects this. Take track number 5, ‘When I Die’; it builds from an almost melodic ballad to an aural mob riot – I’d love to see this played live. The musicianship is great, especially drummer Jeremy Baxter – nice double bass work, sir!
Criticisms? Only one, really. Shane Drake’s vocals do sound quite similar to the aforementioned Machine Head’s Rob Flynn, though I’d dare say in time he will find his own distinct growl.

Though ‘new-thrash’ is taking the metal kids of the world by storm, I’m not its biggest fan by any means. However, I'm sure everyone reading this review will agree with me when I say better this than the gack that was nu-metal. Consequently, I can see Shatterpoint fitting in quite nicely. They have the songs and the determinism so there’s no reason why they won’t make a name for themselves.

Evil or Very Mad

Bacteria13.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » SHATTERPOINT – CONSEQUENCES

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: