View topic - OF INFINITY – THE ESSENCE OF INFINITY

Reply to topic
OF INFINITY – THE ESSENCE OF INFINITY

voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » OF INFINITY – THE ESSENCE OF INFINITY
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: OF INFINITY – THE ESSENCE OF INFINITY Reply with quote

OF INFINITY – THE ESSENCE OF INFINITY

‘Powerful female-fronted melodic Metal’ the press release says. And that’s what you pretty much get on this 3-song CD (I’m loathe to call it a demo). It does exactly what it says on the tin, and this Nightwish/Lacuna Coil influenced combo will soon have fans of the genre championing a new Goddess.
Her name is Alessandra Zinicola and she, if I may be blunt, has a powerful set of lungs. Opener ‘The Voice Without’ hits you with the force of a symphonic hurricane, Zinicola’s voice deceivingly angelic - there is siren at work here luring you to your doom. The song’s rollercoaster ride of huge metal riffs and graveyard-like quiet is as appealing as mother’s milk, albeit a dark eye-lined mother with inverted cross necklace and spider-like attire, but appealing nonetheless.
The 6-minute plus ‘Shadow of a Lie’ is, if you will excuse my forwardness, catchy as fuck. Having listened to this a few times last week, leaving it for the weekend before playing it again for this review I immediately recognized the chorus with a smile – surely destined to become a fan favorite. The instrumental stretch near the end, complete with violin is quite haunting.
Third and final song ‘It’s only for Forever’ is a melancholic sway-fest that will have Goth-girls the world over pulling petals from black-tinted roses pondering whether she is loved or not. A nasty guitar solo courtesy of one Nazareth Sando marries well with the almost despondent piano playing from Goddess Zinicola. I must confess that I didn’t like this song at first, but there’s an almost hypnotic vibe that seduces you on repetitive plays.

The musicianship is excellent, Kurtis Kyllo on bass and Carlos Teller on drums completing the quartet, and the production is rather impressive. I dare say the band members are counting the days ‘til they have a full orchestra at their disposal, until then, there’s a little matter of a record deal to acquire first. And judging by ‘The Essence of Infinity’, that won’t be too long in coming.

Evil or Very Mad

Bacteria13.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » OF INFINITY – THE ESSENCE OF INFINITY

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: