View topic - BAD RELIGION – THE EMPIRE STRIKES FIRST

Reply to topic
BAD RELIGION – THE EMPIRE STRIKES FIRST

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » BAD RELIGION – THE EMPIRE STRIKES FIRST
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: BAD RELIGION – THE EMPIRE STRIKES FIRST Reply with quote

BAD RELIGION – THE EMPIRE STRIKES FIRST (EPITAPH RECORDS)

Bad Religion is a rare breed for a punk band – they are liked and respected by both punk and metal fans. Try forcing Sum 41 on a typical Slayer fan and, oops, they did, didn’t they?
The Empire Strikes First is another melodic release of anti-Bush sentiment that is both absolutely irresistible and indubitably necessary. The lyrics read like a Michael Moore rant, and if you didn’t know any better, these catchy tunes could be singing about the cute girl next door. Let them Eat War, Social Suicide, Los Angeles is Burning, God’s Love … my hat is off to main men Greg Graffin, Brett Gurewitz and co. for continuously releasing quality, intelligent punk rock albums in a time when punk rock’s anti-establishment snarl has never been more needed.

Very Happy

Bacteria13.

Last edited by Bacteria13 on Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
misokatsun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!! Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Back to top
code

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always loved Bad religion. And with this album they show that they still can kick some ass. Many good songs and very nice lyrics. They show a more concrete political stand then usual and thats interesting. Fav songs are: Sinister Rouge, Social Suicide, LA is burning, Let them eat war, Gods Love, Live Again,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
willistg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a Love Hate Relationship with Bad Religion.

This album ranks up there with one of my favs.

Jesus H Christ it's good. One thing that struck me was how good the drums are for a punk record. There's stuff going on.

Out of the most recent 3 or 4 I would rank this one tops.

And they slayed on the warped tour this year, screw the other 6000+ bands that were on that tour(my band included) they mopped the stage with everyone else.

edited: spelling
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » BAD RELIGION – THE EMPIRE STRIKES FIRST

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: