View topic - DEAD JESUS - …LET THEM SUFFER

Reply to topic
DEAD JESUS - …LET THEM SUFFER

voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » DEAD JESUS - …LET THEM SUFFER
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: DEAD JESUS - …LET THEM SUFFER Reply with quote

DEAD JESUS - …LET THEM SUFFER

This Canadian 5-piece have released two demo CDs, the second being this slab of utter death. I haven’t seen such a highly professional demo CD in quite a while – the booklet is 24-pages thick! Musically, Dead Jesus fall into the technical Death Metal camp, stomping the battle-ground defaced by such power horses as Suffocation and fellow Canadians Kataklysm. There is a hint of subtly to Dead Jesus’ sound, with splashes of melody amidst the brutal barrage of noise. These aren’t 3-minute wonders either – each track is almost an epic to itself – the deranged ‘Hymns of Deception’ is just under a lengthy 8-minutes long. My fave has got to be the stunning ‘Amends’, with its cool solo bliztkriging beneath a monumental riff.
One of the highlights of this CD is the bonus track, a gorgeous acoustic version of opening number ‘Draining Grace’, sung by one Amaya Benavides. Haunting, and absolutely beautiful.
The musicianship is tight and formidable, and the production is better than some albums I’ve heard of late. That said, by all accounts it’s live where Dead Jesus truly show their talent; nutter vocalist Calvin ‘Orgasmatron’ Fehr has a tendency to cut his wrists on stage, roll in barbed wire, smash himself through a burning table, drink pails of blood and hit himself over the head with a burning guitar, all for fun, apparently. I’d dare say any ‘crazed fan’ wishing to attack him on stage would have to think twice ...

Dead Jesus - dead good.

Evil or Very Mad

Bacteria13.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » DEAD JESUS - …LET THEM SUFFER

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: