View topic - DIVINITY DESTROYED – EDEN IN ASHES

Reply to topic
DIVINITY DESTROYED – EDEN IN ASHES

voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » DIVINITY DESTROYED – EDEN IN ASHES
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: DIVINITY DESTROYED – EDEN IN ASHES Reply with quote

DIVINITY DESTROYED – EDEN IN ASHES

I’ve had this demo for quite a while now and it’s only now that I’ve gotten round to reviewing it. It’s not the easiest CD to review, for DD’s sound is hard to pin down. Think progressive/technical Metal with splashes of Goth encased with latter day Death and you’ll come close. The band very well may chastise me with such a description but I’m stumped otherwise!
Musically, however, it sounds fantastic. Gorgeous clean vocals accompany growls that are so appealing to the ears – one listen of the memorable ‘Threnody’ will have you lifting your head and questioning where the hell did that hook come from? The hairs stood up on the back of my neck when I heard the dreamlike ‘Crestfallen’ – amazing. Sometimes the melodic singing seems almost Celtic – is this intentional, I wonder?
The talent behind DD is jaw-dropping; the more I listened to ‘Eden in Ashes’ the more I heard, the clever vocal arrangements, keyboard wizardry, the excellent guitar playing – these guys will surely appeal to fans of Rush, Voivod, Dream Theatre, the aforementioned latter-day Death, even Therion or Nightwish.
There is a HUGE symphonic band here waiting to explode. Highly recommended.

Smile

Bacteria13.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » DIVINITY DESTROYED – EDEN IN ASHES

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: