View topic - ASCENDANCY – RISE OF A DEAD EMPIRE

Reply to topic
ASCENDANCY – RISE OF A DEAD EMPIRE

voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » ASCENDANCY – RISE OF A DEAD EMPIRE
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: ASCENDANCY – RISE OF A DEAD EMPIRE Reply with quote

ASCENDANCY – RISE OF A DEAD EMPIRE

Fast an’ furious is the best way I can describe this four-piece from the US, zipping along like there’s no tomorrow, cutting everything and everyone down in their path. ‘Rise of a Dead Empire’ is a professional, 9-track demo (i.e., the band put time and money into it) from a ravenous and talented band, who will appeal to anyone out there who likes their death metal in the Hate Eternal/Internal Suffering camp.
The majority of songs are short (under three minutes) with some memorable riffs throughout – ‘My Blood Upon You’ especially. Of the tracks on offer here it’s the 5-minute plus ‘Forever Desensitized’ which offers the listener a break from the unrelenting bombardment of brutal death. Kicking off with a pounding drum solo from drummer-extraordinaire Seth, this track pummels you with Ascendancy’s brand of vicious metal, guitarist/vocalist Terence growling his lungs out like his life depended on it before taking their foot off the pedal, allowing a massive Black Sabbath-esque riff to calm things down a tad. Then, before you know it, they set a match to the thing and it’s away we go again.
It will be interesting to see what a record label’s backing could do for Ascendancy. They have the talent and the songs to make an impact the size of a messy gunshot wound on the scene – here’s hoping.

Evil or Very Mad

Bacteria13.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Demo Reviews » ASCENDANCY – RISE OF A DEAD EMPIRE

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: