View topic - 05-Nothingface

Reply to topic
05-Nothingface

voivod.net Forum Index » Voivod Album Fan Reviews » 05-Nothingface
« View next topic »
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:41 am    Post subject: 05-Nothingface Reply with quote

Post your Nothingface reviews shere
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
vortex
Helldriver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTHINGFACE:NOT THE CRAPPY-ASS NEW RAP BAND!!! This one was released in '89 so take that! THIS WAS THEIR PEAK ALBUM ON THE BRIGHTER SIDE OF THE MOON.
This one is heavier on the psychedelia than on the sci-fi, but still with a dark theme. On this one, they got a little lighter on the extreme metal edge approach. The beats on this one are great, and Blacky really makes a difference on the sound. Away's drumming gets more mature and developes more of a crazy groove. Snake's brutality in his vocal approach is now fading and now he's experimenting a little more. He's still dark. This is another one of my FAVORITE ALBUMS! My favorite tunes are "The Unknown Knows","X-Ray Mirror", "Astronimy Domine","Inner Cumbustion", and "Pre-Ignision".
Cyclotron

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much to say except NOTHINGFACE has been, since its release, my favorite metal album of all time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
FaceNothing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the first Voivod album that I knew, and by extension (naturally), the one that got me hooked on them. I still remember rushing home during the summer of '90 after work and blasting it ad infinite. It sounded so futuristic and unique, as it still does. Very original style, a departure from what other groups were doing. I particularly enjoy the first four tracks on the album. This should be included in any discussion of Voivod reaching any sort of peak.
Outcast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothingface is Voivod-pure, a perfect album, the extract of all .
For me the most impressive record of all the time.
Québécois

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: 05-Nothingface Reply with quote

yuri wrote:
Post your Nothingface reviews shere

Un mot pour cet album : la pureté
Un mot pour le son : la pureté
Un mot pour les paroles : une pure beauté
Un mot pour la musique : une originalité

Un mot pour Snake : magnifique
Un mot pour Blacky : quelle basse !!!
Un mot pour Piggy : la meilleure guitare du monde entier.
Un mot pour Away : enfin un drummer intéressant, mais de jolis dessins dans la pochette...bravo bravo...

En un mot : dans mon top 10....je dirais le quatrième.

11/10...je sais je sais...
Mais bon...Nothingface est un chef d'oeuvre dans l'histoire de l'humanité...quand même

11/10...je maintien
code

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothingface is perhaps the most unique metal album ever made. And one of the best as well. When I first listened to this I quite didnt get what was going on. Cause I never heard anything like it before. Its a pshycadelic masterpiece, Voivods weirdest record. The lyrics are just superb and the music is the tightest in Voivods history. Its almost too weird sometimes with 100 tempo up and downs at every point. But still I love it.

Highlights: Unknown Knows, Missing Sequences, Pre Ignition, Into My Hypercube, Sub Effect.
Seeate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothingface was the second Voivod album I bought, not long after becoming a fan of Dimension Hatross.

Dimension Hatross was a great album, and Nothingface was a logical and masterful progression for the band.
Nothingface is less abrasive than it's predecessor, but displays Voivod at their very best in my opinion, as far as the complexity of the songs is concerned and the 'tightness' in which they are performed. The production is much different from earlier albums, and by that I mean, you can hear the individual instruments clearly - there dosn't seem to be a single faulty note or beat on this recording.
Snake's vocals are a lot more refined. He seems more confident in his own abilities - and rather than barking/screaming his way through an album as on 'Rooaarrr!', he shows he can actually vocalise in tune and with a lot more subtelty.
Away's drumming is phenomenal - he is truley a heavy metal robot - an absolute perfectionist on Nothingface.
Piggy and Blacky are equally up to the task, and really show their ability as musicians.

Again, Voivod showed they can make a 'concept' album with conviction. Even if you think the idea of 'sci-fi based futuristic art metal' is stupid - you simply have to admire they way the band deliver it.

I love this album, and it remains my all time favorite from Voivod.

There are no weak songs on Nothingface - it's the most perfected work Voivod have released in their 'genre'.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Voivod Album Fan Reviews » 05-Nothingface

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: