View topic - CANNIBAL CORPSE – THE WRETCHED SPAWN

Reply to topic
CANNIBAL CORPSE – THE WRETCHED SPAWN

voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » CANNIBAL CORPSE – THE WRETCHED SPAWN
« View next topic »
Bacteria13
Hatross Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: CANNIBAL CORPSE – THE WRETCHED SPAWN Reply with quote

CANNIBAL CORPSE – THE WRETCHED SPAWN (METAL BLADE RECORDS)

One of the concerns I had when agreeing to Yuri’s proposal to review albums for Voivod.net, was that the average Voivod fan is not your average Metal fan. For example; I love everything Thrash, Death and (some) Black Metal, but I also love Pop Punk bands such as The Muffs, Bracket and The Queers, as well as emo bands like The Format and Jimmy Eat World. I don’t and couldn’t listen to one specific genre day-in-day-out – I’m 35, not 16. So where I can appreciate bands such as Dismember or Clutch, would your average Voivod fan who visits this site be interested in reading a review about their new album? Perhaps, perhaps not. After all, what exactly does your average Voivod fan listen to?
In the meantime, while Yuri organizes a poll to find out, I’ll continue to review the albums that I’m listening to at the moment, and if you’re not interested then move on to the next -

So, ‘The Wretched Spawn’ is album # 9 for the world’s top selling Death Metal band, who shows no sign of slowing down in their onslaught for world domination. This is Death Metal by-the-numbers; you either love CC or loathe them. Personally speaking, I have always found their albums to be hit or miss affairs, and TWS didn’t grab my attention when I first heard it, nor does it after repetitive listens. There are some great tracks here, such as ‘Nothing left to mutilate’, or the ripping title track, and it sounds amazing, thanks to the crystal clear production of Neil Kernon, but over-all it left me wanting.
If you are a fan then you’ll probably already have this, but if not then you’re not missing anything special. For the morbidly curious, wanting to lose your Cannibal Corpse cherry because of the simple fact of ‘why not’, check out the ‘Worm Infested’ EP, or the excellent ‘Bloodthirst’ album.

Confused

Bacteria13.
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Album Reviews » CANNIBAL CORPSE – THE WRETCHED SPAWN

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: