View topic - 08-Negatron

Reply to topic
08-Negatron

voivod.net Forum Index » Voivod Album Fan Reviews » 08-Negatron
« View next topic »
yuri
Who'sGOD Who'sDOG?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:36 am    Post subject: 08-Negatron Reply with quote

Post your Negatron reviews here
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
vortex
Helldriver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE NEW ERA
NEGATRON:Now with BLACKY AND SNAKE'S duties replaced by Eric Forrest (E-Force), their sound has returned to the BRUTAL SIDE! VERY GROOVE and HEAVY. They keep the "creepy" Voivod sound on the vocals, but add an new eliment in Eric SCREAM vocals. They also add distortion to add to the chaos. This album kicks ass. VIOVOD.COM has a download of the "INSECT" video, which is my favorite tune on the album. It' fucking heavy and VERY VOIVOD! Piggy's riffage is brutal and very catchy. The sound effects have doubled making the music sound very atmospheric. Get it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric had big shoes to fill.In fact he had 2 shoes to fill.I think he did an amazing job.To play bass and sing at the same time aint that fucking easy.His contribution gave Voivod a new sound.I prefer NEGATRON over the majority of there work.Yes he is not SNAKE or BLACKIE but VOIVOD did very well with ERIC.I also like the FETOUS track...
code

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe departure of Snake of course left wounds. I remeber buying the record and Snake wasnt there. Still I think Eric Forrest did very well. Voivod lost their sound a bit with this album. They seem a litle unstable and uncertain. Some songs are very good but nearly as many I dont like at all. This unbalance is not very common on other Voivod albums. Still, a good and heavy album.

Highlights: Insect, Meteor, Nanoman, Negatron, Drift
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Voivod Album Fan Reviews » 08-Negatron

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: