View topic - Favorite VOIVOD album?

Reply to topic
Favorite VOIVOD album?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD album?
« View next topic »
The Blackguard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killing Technology and Dimension Hatross by a thousand miles!
NvmbrsDoom5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such a hard one to answer, since every Voivod album stands on its own as a masterpiece, in my opinion...Nothingface was probably the pinnacle of the original lineup really clicking musically, on album and on stage. I can understand and agree with so many people's opinions of this being their best. However....
I know this is a controversial one to say is my favorite, but I just absolutely love Angel Rat. When I first heard that album, I had no idea what to make of it...I actually had to put it down at first and come back to it again later and give it another listen, and when I did, I realised that it was truly a standout album that didn't sound like anything anyone else has done, nor anything they'd done before. It really influenced me as a musician, and that album stayed with me over the next few years when I went through some hard times, it just had so much feeling.

And so, I have to say, Angel Rat might be very unlikely considering the other truly amazing albums theyve made, but its my most personal favorite.

and sorry for the long winded answer, hehe...
kresho

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothingface!!!!!
all am i? i am all!
Helldriver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by /|/|ª®G!Ñ/\|_:
Nothing face !!!!!!!!

Yeah! Nothingface is a killer album indeed. Equally killer, is whatever the heck you did to whack the font out on yer name! looks cool.

the unknown knows, maybe i'm responding to one of the band members themselves (since there was no register or profile)

nuclear infusion
Helldriver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimension Hatross, Nothingface, Outer Limits are all tied for first. Killing Technology, War and Pain, Angel Rat are tied for second. Rrroooaaarrr, Negatron and Phobos tied for third. Don't even know what "Kronik" sounds like (I know, go buy it dumb-ass!) maybe I will...
Kron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killing/Dimension as the compromise! It is so hard not to mention Nothingface! Although Angel Rat is a miracle!
PROUD TO BE VOIVODIAN!!!
davver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimension Hatross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
Mr Eddy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think that the trilogy "Killing Technology", "Dimension Hätross" and "Nothingface" shows Voïvod at their best. Yet, I've got to say that I simply LOVE the records that came out later: "Angel Rat" and "The Outer Limit". I
totally agree with our friend Nothingface that "Negatron" was a big disapointment. The band missed all the creativity and magic of the Sanke-era. It usually happens when a group loses their vocalist/front man, but the Voïvod's case is even more peculiar as they were exploring new boundaries at each new record. "Negatron" was a step back. I never listened to the other albums with Eric on vocals as I have this feeling they're in the same vein of "Negatron". I will look forward to the new CD with Snake. Hope they go back to their experimental days and bring us something new and exciting...
-Make-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Angel Rat!! First i was about to say Nothingface because it really did make a huge impact on me when it first came out, didn't listen anything else for some time
but as far as i know, the Angel Rat took it all even further, excelent songs, deep moods, superb musicianship. Angel Rat really is a master piece, lot's of people seem to dislike it because of the lack of "heavyness". Well... suites me, i'm not a big metal fan anyway. For me it is something to compare to "Selling England by the Pound" another master piece from a band that i don't mention here mostly because of the shit they do these days
-Make- www.nevergreen.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
frogbert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love nothingface! it is a true classic in so many ways! i hadnt listened to it for about 8 years, and i put it in the other day and i havent stopped listening to it since! this tour was the only time i ever got to see them live, and faith no more and soundgarden opened for them! i met all the guys in the parking lot behind bogarts in cicinnatti and they were just so cool! everybody except my former idol, blackie! he was an asshole! nothingface was a big step for them and it had a very huge impact in my life, as you could probably tell by my time travel to my past!looking forward to more classics coming from the voi vodians!
abdul_bashur

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without discussion the best album are among the Dimension Hatross-Outer limits Era.

But the best of all is The Outer Limits, for my opinion one of the best ever in the genre of progressive metal. The Voivod has (although not knowing for) extremely neatly transformed the sounds of Pink Floyd, Hawkwind, Van Der Graaf Generator, Gentle Giant, etc. and earlier harsher Voivod sounds into fantastic blend of space/prog rock/metal. The effort is so finely crafted and done, that defies categorizations and avoids being captured by words. The most important for the larger prog-audience should be cover of "The Nile Song" of Pink Floydy and the epic "Jack Luminous".
abdul_bashur

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without discussion the best album are among the Dimension Hatross-Outer limits Era.

But the best of all is The Outer Limits, for my opinion one of the best ever in the genre of progressive metal. The Voivod has (although not knowing for) extremely neatly transformed the sounds of Pink Floyd, Hawkwind, Van Der Graaf Generator, Gentle Giant, etc. and earlier harsher Voivod sounds into fantastic blend of space/prog rock/metal. The effort is so finely crafted and done, that defies categorizations and avoids being captured by words. The most important for the larger prog-audience should be cover of "The Nile Song" of Pink Floydy and the epic "Jack Luminous".
bughead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm depending on how I'm feeling : For raw energy it has to be Dimension Hatross and for weird and wonderful it has to be Nothing Face. In fact I dont really have a favourite as they are all equally as good ( except maybe the first two ROAR and War and pain )

(",)
Bleargh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bughead:
[B]Hmmm depending on how I'm feeling : For raw energy it has to be Dimension Hatross.

Yes THE Voivod album... energetic, cerebral, excellent musicianship great songs... Personally I've never been as much into the Nothingface through Outer Limits era. Phobos comes in a close second for me for its heaviness with depth, it kind of reminds me of Hatross on ten hits of acid or something.

SAWYER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing Voivod ever created is Killing Technology. I saw them with Kreator in 86' on this tour, they were totally amazing. RRRRRRRROOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRR runs a very close second, but KT is their masterpiece.
Page 10 of 13 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD album? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: