View topic - Favorite VOIVOD album?

Reply to topic
Favorite VOIVOD album?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD album?
« View next topic »
NIMA CLASH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2001 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllVOIVOD albums are great...But I love NOTHINGFACE more, because it was my first VOIVOD record, and it is just great...
mbv32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough choice. The big 3 for me are Nothingface, Dimension Hatross and Killing Technology. I'd have to give the nod to Dimension Hatross which bridges the gap between the early thrash of their first three albums and the progressive genius that would follow. Piggys guitar just blew me away on this album and Snakes vocals are totally bizarre. Top tracks on this disc for me would be "Experiment" and "Technocratic Manipulators". The lyrics are also a huge step forward and pay obvious homage to Alvin Tofflers classic book "Future Shock". I just popped this disc in yesterday and its just as relevant today as it was 14 years ago.
Warhammer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Dimension Hatross
2. Nothingface
3. Killing Technology
4. Outer Limits
5. Rrroooaaarrr
6. War & Pain
7. Phobos
8. Negatron
9. Angel Rat

[This message has been edited by Warhammer (edited January 15, 2002).]
averagezero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i must say, nothingface is amazing, both in production and music prowess...it kicks ass! war and pain was cool--i'd give it a 10 on the aggression scale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
Nelkrom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Favorite album is:
Dimension Hatross
and Nothing Face is the second.
Suckspeed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've seen Nothingface being the number 1 very often in this thread. Although it is very nice I definitely vote for The Outer Limits. I didn't like it at all in the beginning because it set a new style for VoiVod. The more I listened to it the more I began to love it!!! I must admit that I don't know Phobos and Kronic so far but I'm looking for used copies at the moment. But it's hard for me to imagine that I could change my opinion in a way that The Outer Limits is not the greatest VoiVod album ever... Wink
thomas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hard to decide between "dimension hartröss" and "nothingface". "the outer limits" is a great one, also. and if i'm in the mood to, i prefere "angel rat". huh, i guess it's "dimension hartröss". the album title itself is even great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
Korgul the Exterminator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fav album?? ARRGGHHH

Rrroooaaarrr!!!!!!!!!!!

Because, it's the first I Bought!!!!!

after that:

2- Dimension Hatross
3- Killing Technology
4- Negatron
5- Nothing Face
6- War and Pain
7- Phobos
8- Outer Limits
9- Lives
10- Angel Rat
11- Kronik

all am i? i am all!
Helldriver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been regularily visiting this site and posting for close to 7 months now.its exciting, encouraging and re-assuring to see there are many fans of Voivod throughout the world. i too, have thought of the band as "my secret band that is unkown to most" at times. surprisingly, i've never mentioned my favorite album yet.

well...i've liked the group since its beginnings with War and Pain, but since i've grown older and listen more for good meloies,harmonies,lyrics,production etc. instead of just killer guitars and wild vox, i'd have to say my favorite albums are:

1) Nothingface (just an all-round good concept,writing,production,performing,everything)

2)Angel Rat (this album is like a fine wine, it gets better with every listen)

3) The Outer Limits (i'd say the best produced Voivod album)

and Dimension Hatross is close behind too.
Bleargh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimension Hatross which sounds like psychodelic cybermetal from another dimension, first heard the album with Angel Rat during a crazy acid trip. I've been listening to Nothingface a little lately.
brain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a doubt the most thought provoking album ever created by VOIVOD is Dimension Hatross. You could literally turn this album into a movie. Explosive drums,chaotic guitars,heavy bass,soothing yet eerie vocals. Songs like 'Chaosmongers','Technocratic Manipulations',and 'Brain Scan' are timeless and will never go out of style. Please reply weather you agree or disagree.
space hippy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killing Technology. this started the mission truly for me. I was a fan of the 1st two records... Rrroooaaarrr got me into the band initially, but Killing technology threw me into the black hole forever. there is no return. Though, with me, voivod is like mood music. my choice of album normally depends on what part of the galaxy i'm in at the time. The lyrics, the artwork , the general concept is consistent. an all time favorite band - hence no particular favorite record
jussi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have to say that for me "RRROOOAAARRR" is THE Voivod album! It's definately my favorite. When I bought it million years ago, I was listening to Iron Maiden and Metallica and then suddenly this mind-blowing album comes out. I listened to it like 10 times thinking "what is this crazy thing" and after that the whole idea of psycho-space-metal-warrior -music opens to me! Raw energy - this is the album! Of course "Dimension Hatross" is VERy good, because of the clever riffs, but if I would choose an album to a deserted island, it has tobe "RRRROOOOAAARRR"!!!
[/B][/QUOTE]

lucky13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimension Hatröss was an absolute masterpiece in my mind, and is still in my top five albums of all time. I also liked Killing Technology, mostly for Tornado. When Nothingface came out, I was disappointed, but when I heard Angel Rat I completely gave up on Voivod. That lasted a few years, but now I'm listening to some of the newer stuff.

Does anyone know if there are plans to remaster the earlier stuff?
jhsmurray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DIMENSION HATROSS
Page 8 of 13 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD album? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: