View topic - Favorite VOIVOD album?

Reply to topic
Favorite VOIVOD album?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD album?
« View next topic »
Jeffs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimension Hatross is my favorite.
This is where Voivod really started to peak as musicians. Very catchy with strong structures.
Eric Ferland

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Favorite was Nothingface for a long time,
Until I heard Killing technology, a couple of years ago... WOW!!
This album is so energic !! It is definitely
my favorite now.
After that, Negatron and phobos are taking
a huge place in my favorites.
I'm looking foward to hear Snake sing "Insect" or "Mercury"
Hope they don't forget these 2 great albums
in their next setlist !!
PsYcHeDeLiCBrA1n

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phobus. Because it gave me a completly new experience of music. I remember the first time I heard this album on drugs. But I think I will post it later in another topic. Anyway: PHOBUS is the best Voivod Album in my opinion.
Hatross
Helldriver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man now this is tuff. id almost like to say AngelRat but will reserve it 2nd,as above all the one i still exhert more energy to will be DIMENSION HATROSS
h
Helldriver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.... I really thought that Nothingface would walk away with this one, but it seems that Hatross has nicked it at the last!!! I'm tempted to say Nothingface, 'cause it's amazing, but I'm gonna go with Hatross... just 'cause I'm listening to it NOW and I'm grinning like a damn fool! Chuffed at how cool this record is!
let's hope that Away and the boys are listening in. Give the people what they want!!!! Classic era Voivod! Cannot wait for the new one.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
DOVIOV

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"DIMENSION HATROSS" WAS MY FIRST "VOIVOD" ALBUM AND TILL NOW I'VE STUCK WITH IT!!! SO IT'S THE BEST VOIVOD'S ALBUM FOR ME BEFORE THE NEXT(WHO KNOWS)!!!
Hypercube
Helldriver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2001 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without any doubt my favorite album is PHOBOS. I was never blown in other dimensions by hearing music. And it still blows me away by every hearing. I really love it. It would be the last CD, if I had to give away my whole CD-Collection.

It was my second Voivod-album after NEGATRON, so maybe an earlier Voivod-album (especially DIMENSION HATRÖSS) could have done the same to me, when it had comes first.

microsolution

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

favorite album? a tie between Killing Technology and Dimension Hatross...I feel these 2 albums are basically the same(in a good way!)...they compliment each other well and are just great. WE ARE CONNECTED!
Korq

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite album is War and Pain.It has a good grunge sound that me and my friends enjoy listening too.
TribesofNeurot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say it would be RRROOOAAAARRR,then Hatross,and then Nothingface
JBTones

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimension Hatross is the king.
SlaytanicWehrmacht
Helldriver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a time when being a Metal fan was pure magic. Times when you'd give an arm to discover first some new and exciting band. Back in the 80's all metalheads were brothers. Fortunately, those were the times of some of the best bands ever seen by the genre, all at the peaks or their carrers, musically, creatively... That was, in my humble opinion, the best time in Metal history.
And, at the top of it, came these four guys from the french portion of Canada. They already gave us a shape of things to come with their "Dimenson Hatröss" effort, only to blow everybody away with their next effort, "Nothingface".
Not everybody who listened to it by the time of its releasing seemed to notice. We were testimoning history, being written right in front of us. Some, more afortunate, had the luck of seeing them live. We, here in Brazil, could only imagine how this would sound in a gig.
Voivod did not release just another album with "Nothingface". They released one of the key albums from the eighties (and for metal history as well). Every song has its own meaning,its own life. Songs made by young visionaires trying to reach a new level in metal. By doing that, they released an inspirational album, one which will not be forgotten.
With "Nothingface", Voivod became immortal.

[This message has been edited by SlaytanicWehrmacht (edited October 30, 2001).]
mrdupraz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite surprised that "Outer Limits" is not first : best production, best songs (incl. THE Voïvod masterpiece ... I mean "Jack Luminous"). Even the band itself seems not to consider this LP as their best effort : I saw them in concert in 99 and they did songs from all their records except my favourite one ... great show anyway. "Nothingface" is of course my second choice. But let's face it ... did ever Voïvod make a bad album ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
Sub-Effect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favorite voivod album would have to be Nothingface. That's the album that pretty much changed the way i looked at, and listened to music. before i ever even owned a voivod album.. i'd go to my drummer's place and make him play his nothinface cassette.. people would be sitting there saying "still haven't heard this album enough, eh steve?". and to this day i still haven't heard it enough. now when i hear something that sounds weird and dissonant i can't help but think of voivod. i'll say stuff like "this shit sounds like Voivod!" and most people are like "who the hell's voivod?" pfff....

my second fave voivod albums are tied at Killing Technology and Demension Hatross. third fave... angel rat.

right now i'm listening to Tan Dun, Yo-Yo Ma (cello solo) - Sorrow
iLoveVoivod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

certainly Nothingface is the best! I haven't heard anything since with the artistic qualities displayed throughout this LP. I LOVE VOIVOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and this web site!!!!!)

quote:
Originally posted by yuri:
My favorite VOIVOD album is Nothingface. As much as i like the Outer Limits, Negatron and even Angel Rat, Nothingface is filled with great songs & lyrics from start to finish, the artwork is what i consider Michel's best, and the production is very sharp. This is a classic metal album that every fan should own.

Page 7 of 13 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD album? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: