View topic - Favorite VOIVOD album?

Reply to topic
Favorite VOIVOD album?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD album?
« View next topic »
Nanoman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2000 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion the best Voivod album is "Phobos" followed by "Dimension Hatross"! Just the atmosphere on both albums is incredible and far better than "Angel Rat". And what about "VOIVOD LIVES"?!
Cyclotron

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2000 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see many people agree on what is the best VOIVOD album--NOTHINGFACE. A classic metal album indeed! I can't get tired of it. I originally purchased it on cassette and wore that tape out! But what got me hooked on VOIVOD was DIMENSION HATROSS. This album is intense and futuristic for its time. I also have the bird/angelrat from the cover of ANGEL RAT tatooed on my left shoulder.
roman1972

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2000 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

call me a traditionalist, but I think rrroooaaarrr was quite possibly one of the best metal albums ever. with songs like ripping headaches and f**k off and die, as well at korgull the exterminator, it's hard to deny why voivod is so great. I do admit, negatron is a close second, going back to more of a harsh metal sound as compared to the outer limits, but rrroooaaarrr has to be the one for me.
hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2000 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my oh so humble but well informed opinion "Nothingface" is not only the greatest voivod album ever; but one of the best progressive metal albums ever. From the first track to the last "nothingface hits hard as hell and delivers non stop energy from a supernatural place. The feel of the disc and the artwork are top notch and the production is first rate. The Floyd cover of Astronomy Domine is the best Floyd cover ever done. "nothingface" delivers what many of the huge budget monster albums from the megabands often do not.
Fenris

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2000 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now this is a tie between the first record i ever heard with Voivod : Rrrrrröööööööööööarrrrrrgh !
and The first one with the new singer :Negatron ( coz frankly it kicked the living shit out of me and i swear....i had my doubts *embaressed* they would be as great as they was *S* ) mind you - i´ve yet to hear a bad voivod record !!! *S*
sydd barrett

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2000 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes ,this a tough one ...many of their albums seems to have a unique emotion(nothingface=wisdom),(war & pain=intimdation),(rrroooaaarrr=anger),(angelrat=meloncholy),(killing tech=subordination) etc but one that ,for me ,captures the essence of all emotions is "dimension hatross"..jeez..it's archaic & futuristic at the same time..if the universe could speak...this is what it would be saying...this is what i want to hear when the world finally gives up!
Code

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fav-voivod records of all time must be the superb Nothingface and the sci-fi masterpiece Outer Limits. All Voivod records are great (except Negatron) and even though I prefer the times when Snake was controlling the mike I still think Forrest is doing a great job!

See ya!
XmarkX

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2000 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's a tie between Dimension Hatross, Angel Rat and Phobos. All sound completely different, yet all are amazing. my least favorite is probably Negatron or Rrrrooooaaarrrr. I guess it all depends on what you think makes Voivod great.
19 yelping fools

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2000 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nine out of ten VOIVOD fans will say NOTHINGFACE. Not only is it their best recording. Its probably the best metal album ever!, the creative music and lyrics, the production, the artwork and an amazing coversong! VOIVOD hit all the right buttons with this one. But not everybody is as openminded musically as VOIVOD fans are. This album went to far over most heads to be played on mainstream radio. I think this album scared those lousy corporaterock stations. What a way to finish off the 80"s Every great group has their"white album" this was theirs!! In a word....Timeless.

nothingface
Helldriver

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2000 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
wolly

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all VOIVOD albums are cosmic "operas"
and to say one album is the best, thats very
heavy !

but one i can say:
dont let the voivod die on the next album !!!

VOIVOD RULEZ
Messiah

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good god. What is with all you Nothingface fans? Someone must have drugged you bums... I'll give you that the music is original and whatnot, but I never got much out of it and I ended up trading it for 'Meshuggah - Destory Erase Improve'. Then I traded 'Angel Rat' for 'Sieges Even - Steps'. The artwork on Nothingface isn't that good either... rather bland, if you ask me. And don't even talk to me about 'Angel Rat' or I'll kill myself. Yuk.

For me, it's a tie between 'Phobos' and 'Dimension Hatross'. There's other discs by Voivod that I enjoy as well, but those two top it off for me. Especially 'DH'... there's some wildly crazy, original, spellbinding progressive metal. Find another group that can do THAT.

Justin
19 yelping fools

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well maybe 8 out of ten. I love D.H. too. That was the album that (drugged) me in, I saw them that year as well. With every recording they progress. N.F. in my opinion as a whole went a bit further. I thought ANGELRAT was a step off that progression. I didnt like it. Harmonica in a VOIVOD song!PLease... The new stuff is great But it dosent move me like the first five albums do
Pup

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2000 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, are you all about 18 years old???

there were 3 powerful albums even before Hatross - any yes, despite finally picking up Phobos and Kronik, I still love Killing Technology, and I adore Hatross, Limits is cool and the new stuff kicks in it's own way, but roots should never be forgotten in space, so I choose WAR AND PAIN - Especially for Suck Your Bone !! There was nothing anywhere near to this at that time, even the mighty Metallica were small. I loved Eric's live rendition of Nuclear War when I last saw them.

Messiah - you're my kind of guy - Angel rat sucks but I would never, ever trade it.
smog416

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2000 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't really been able to listen to any post-snake voivod and i'm sure im missing out.. something about the band without snake and blacky makes me hell of sad! i gotta say dimension hatross is my favorite lp; and one of the best rock lp's ever... it's such an incredible record; based in metal but also totally transcending it: there are so many bands, metal and other, in whose records you can hear the voivod influence... it's quite amazing!
Page 2 of 13 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD album? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: