View topic - Favorite VOIVOD song

Reply to topic
Favorite VOIVOD song
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD song
« View next topic »
zoltar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2000 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's a hard one! I guess I'm just like everybody, I'd like to give a favorite song for eaxh recod they've put out. But, I guess I would just go a top three then...
1. Jack Luminous
2. Inscet
3. Tribal Convictions
There you go. But I guess as soon as I've posted this one, I would realize I forgot about thirty even more better ones! Anyway, I just saw the guys live in Lille (France) yesterday and they played "Fix My Heart": glad to see that they didn't forgot how great "The Outer Limits" is.
Nanoman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2000 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best VOIVOD song...jeeezz I'd say it'll be "Cosmic Drama","Quantum" or "Into my Hypercube". But each VOIVOD song is so different and each album's got his own atmosphere.
messionic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2000 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After thinking hard about it i would have to choose "Order of the black guards"and "Forgotten in space"those songs just blew my mind.
Cyclotron

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2000 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think nothingface has nailed it on the head!!!
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
this is a hard one. the best i can do is pick a few favorites. on "nothingface"- definitely "sub-effect" (i am a huge fan of blacky and his style). from "angel rat"- "the prow" (ever drive REALLY fast with that song blasting?) from "dimension hatross"- "brain scan" (great effect with the megaphone.) however, i usually don't like to single out particular voivod songs to call favorites because i like to consider the album as a whole, the sum of all the songs. is that too wierd?

Fenris

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2000 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i was forced to pick ONE song From Voivod - one song out of all those great tunes i´d just Have to pick "Nanoman"
i really can´t explain it - but everytime i put that tune on i swear i enter another dimension *S*
almost better than sex !
arcan
Helldriver

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obviously, le pont noir...
I had the chance to meet Away and catch them
live in Prague some years ago, and somehow
seen the bridge in pRague, where they used
to throw rebels to the freezing water...
They even had a carved picture on that
bridge. I'll try to scan the pic I took...
So Le pont Noir has some cool combination
for me...
But I'd name also Into My Hypercube, Angel Rat, Nile Song, Tribal Convictions, This is
not an Exercise, tower as damned childs...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Back to top
Code

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say but I´ll try with a top five:

1 Angel Rat, This song has the coolest lyrics ever and the most beautiful music I´ve heard to this day.

2 Jack Luminous

3 The unknown knows

4 Into my hypercube

5 The Prow

Le point noir is at number six by the way!
wolly

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2000 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Luminous, thats the best song from VOIVOD i hope one time they will play it live
in germany !!!

Thanx VOIVOD for this "opera"

VOIVOD Lives
19 yelping fools

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wollys right! That song is everything VOIVOD does great, all wrapped in to one song. Piggy was very busy in that one. Only one problem, It didnt have Blacky. I would have loved to hear his bass sound on that recording. I love when they change the music a bunch of times in one song. SUB EFFECT and BRAIN SCAN,THE TOWER and PRE-IGNITION are also incredible songs. There all incredible!!!!!
Pup

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2000 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you all hook up on one song cause you have a special memory. Mine is most definately "Tribal Convictions" I was at Newcastle City Hall UK watching Anthrax with Testament support. Testament were on stage when over half of the audience went to the bar because MTV in the UK had published they were going to show the video at 8pm. It was really really cool, Chuck Billy must have been really pissed off !! I'll never forget the green opening images and the tormenting drums of that video - I remember reading an artical that when they filmed the opening sequence, they are all drumming on individual snares and Piggy couldn't get the timing right - is that true????
Fulvio Araya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2000 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undoubtedly Insect. I think that's one of the most representative Voivod's songs. All for me started from that video!
But also Rise and the Prow are perfect.
ddwookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothingface album in its entirety, but as a bassist, Into My Hypercube has such a rad bass line intro. But also Nanoman, Tribal Convictions, Neutrino, and We Are Not Alone.

Last edited by ddwookie on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Greg Fasolino

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2000 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No question, my favorite is "Missing Sequences."

I should note that I am the same Greg Fasolino who wrote the TROUSER PRESS book entry, which is for some reason quoted on this site as a 1989 "Biography." In fact I wrote several book entries on the band as well as numerous magazine articles. Thanks for crediting me by name...
Negatron

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best voivoid song is Missing Sequences and macrosolutions to megaproblems and The Prow and The angel rat
and tribal Convictions , Pre-Ignition, X ray,Inner Combustion......Sorry I can't do that I love'em all
RobinMask

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2000 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macrosolutions to Megaproblems!!!!
Page 2 of 8 Display posts from previous:   
voivod.net Forum Index » Your Voivod Favorites » Favorite VOIVOD song Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic
» All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Jump to: