“Target Earth” out NOW!
The wait is over soon! Canadian progressive metal pioneers VOIVOD are finally releasing their much anticipated 13th studio album, “Target Earth”, via Century Media Records in Europe and North America this week!
Here is some assorted media feedback / praise for the release:
“Denis ”Piggy” D’Amour (1959–2005) is no longer among us, but the first album without this genius is actually the best album the band has released since ”Angel Rat”“ – 8 of 10 Points – Close Up (Sweden)
“This is a sizzling rebirth and the best possible tribute to Piggy’s genius (…)”Target Earth” is stunning!“ – 8 of 10 Points – Metal Hammer (UK)
“”Target Earth” is just Voivod being Voivod being brilliant once again (…) Piggy would be proud“ – 5 of 5 Points, Album Of The Month – Terrorizer (UK)
“There is still no other band that sounds like Voivod!” – 8,5 of 10 Points – Rock Hard (Germany)
“Target Earth” is available now in the following formats across Europe:
– 10-Track Standard CD
– 10-Track Digital Download Version
– 10-Track Gatefold-2LP with 180gr. vinyl (Unlimited black vinyl, various limited colored versions!)
– 12-Track Mediabook-CD (Limited edition with alternate front cover-design in silver on black, 2 stickers, expanded booklet and 2 exclusive live bonus tracks from Roadburn Festival 2012)
Additionally, “Target Earth” is also available as strictly limited mailorder box set (1,000 numbered copies worldwide!) with the following content:
– “Target Earth” Mediabook CD (incl. 2 live bonus tracks and expanded artwork/alternate front cover)
– “Live At Roadburn 2011” CD (Exclusive 10 song Live-CD with 4 pages booklet in jewel case; previously only released by Roadburn Records as limited LP version!)
– VOIVOD belt
– 1 poster (DINA3, Design of the Mediabook-CD cover artwork)
– 2 stickers (Included in the Mediabook-CD)
– 3 exclusive postcards with artwork by VOIVOD’s Away
European customers, get your copy here before it’s too late:
All the different physical formats as well as a shirt design of “Target Earth” (white print on black shirt or black print on grey shirt!) can be pre-ordered NOW from the CM Distro webshop within Europe here:
An official “Target Earth” EPK can be viewed here:
For a first listen of “Target Earth”, be sure to check out a stream of the album’s title track “Target Earth” HERE as well as the album’s first single (Released as Digital Download and as limited 7” EP) “Mechanical Mind” HERE
“Target Earth” was recorded at producer Pierre Rémillard’s Wild Studios in Quebec and mixed by Sanford Parker (Pelican, Nachtmystium). The original art was once again drawn by drummer Away (Michel Langevin) and features color schemes from each one of the band’s previous albums.
The album brings back original bass player, Blacky (Jean Yves Thériault), marking his first recordings with the band since 1991’s “Angel Rat.” It’s also the first to feature guitarist, Chewy (Dan Mongrain), who cut his teeth playing guitar to the late Denis D’Amour’s riffs and thus has matched his style to a tee. VOIVOD, as a full group, hadn’t sat down to write a record together since 2003’s self-titled album. The end result harkens back to the group’s late 80s output and after 30 years together as a band, one of their best yet.
Further news about VOIVOD and “Target Earth” soon…